Below are 5 great China taxi tips that can be helpful for people visiting China:
1) Assume your taxi driver doesn’t speak English, doesn’t know anything about the city you’re in, and doesn’t read maps. If you need to, don’t hesitate to ask your hotel for help.
2) Before you leave home, print out maps of your hotel and the major destinations you want to visit. Print every map in duplicate, once in English and the other in Mandarin or Cantonese (click here for instructions on how to print maps in Chinese languages).
3) Print out lots of map variants (one at the macro level showing the entire route, one around your hotel or destination semi-zoomed in, one around any other areas of interest).
4) Make sure you have phone numbers for every place you want to visit so that your taxi driver can call if needed.
5) When leaving your hotel, make sure they give you a calling card so you can show a taxi driver how to get you back (many taxi drivers in China only know a few big landmarks).
China World Hotel, Beijing
Address: No 1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Beijing 100004 China
Phone: (86) (10) 6505 2266
The China World Hotel in Beijing is considered by many to be the best luxury hotel in Beijing.
Located in the China World Trade Center complex, the hotel is in the heart of Beijing. It is near top sightseeing destinations like the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, and is also in a good location for business travelers.
Part of the Shangri-La group, the China World Hotel is all opulence and elegance. From the marbled lobby area to upscale dining at the Summer Palace restaurant, the China World Hotel offers a true luxury accommodation experience in Beijing.
Rooms at the China World Hotel are spacious and nicely appointed. White linens and dark woods are rounded out with comfortable furniture and high-end amenities. Free Wi-Fi is offered in all guest rooms.
Room rates at the China World Hotel in Beijing start at 1,148 CNY per night for standard rooms.
NB: Because the hotel is located in the China World Trade Center complex, taxi drivers often have a hard time locating it. As such, make sure to have the hotel’s phone number on hand at all times.
Aloft Hotel in Beijing
Aloft Hotel in Beijing
Address: Tower 2 No. 25 Yuanda Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100097 China
Phone: (86)(10) 8889 8000
The Aloft Hotel in Beijing is a Starwood Hotel in western Beijing’s Haidian district. It is near sightseeing attractions like the Summer Palace.
The Aloft Hotel is trendy but comfortable. It has a stylish feel while retaining a relaxed atmosphere.
Rooms at the Aloft Hotel in Beijing are decorated in modern style, with crisp white linens and brightly colored accents. Rooms come with free Wi-Fi, which is a great bonus.
The hotel also features an indoor pool, a gym, a lounge, a restaurant, and a snack bar.
The Aloft Hotel in Beijing shares a city block with the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Beijing. Guests can use the Sheraton’s shuttle at 8am every day to get to the Bagou metro station (Line 10) and other destinations in the Beijing city center.
Room rates at the Aloft Hotel in Beijing start at 553 CNY per night for a standard room.