The top 10 sightseeing in Beijing includes:
1. The Forbidden City – You can spend an entire day exploring Beijing’s most famous sightseeing landmark.
2. The Hutongs – These historic streets are a great way to spend a day shopping, eating, drinking, and soaking up the culture in Beijing.
3. 798 Art District – One of the newest additions to the list of top 10 sightseeing in Beijing, the 798 Art District is bursting with contemporary art galleries, cafes, and restaurants.
4. Summer Palace – This beautiful historic architectural gem is a must-see on any Beijing sightseeing tour.
5. Great Wall of China – Perhaps the most famous landmark in all of China, the Great Wall deserves a place on any top 10 sightseeing in Beijing list.
6. Beijing Olympic Stadium – The Beijing olympics may be over, but the famous Beijing National Stadium, which is also called the Bird’s Nest Stadium, lives on. The stunning arena is worth a visit.
7. Tiananmen Square – The largest central urban square in the world, Tiananmen Square is both rich in history and surrounded by cultural highlights including museums, monuments, and towers.
8. Ming Tombs – The Ming tombs of 13 imperial emperors cover an area of forty square kilometers, and are worth a visit to descend into the tombs. It is worth combining a visit to the Ming tombs with a visit to the Great Wall of China.
9. Parks – Beijing has a great variety of urban parks, some of which are notable for their beauty. While visiting Beijing, make sure to stop by Jingshan Park, Fragrant Hills Park, and Taoranting Park.
10. Temple of Heaven – The largest group of ritual temples in China surely deserves a place on the list of top 10 sightseeing in Beijing. The Temple covers a vast space and is one of the most iconic sites in Beijing.